Who can sponsor Canada immigration?
Who can sponsor Canada immigration?
Sponsorship is one of the important parts of the Canadian immigration system, which allows foreign nationals to come to Canada and live there as permanent residents under the Canada Family Class. It is a way proposed by the Canadian government to reunite family members in Canada who have been staying apart. A Canada Family visa allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their family members to immigrate to Canada as well as to attain permanent resident status. This program comprises three types of sponsorship in Canada for permanent residence in Canada including,
Types of sponsorship in Canada.
Under Spousal sponsorship Canada program, any Canadian resident or permanent resident can sponsor his/her spouse/common-law partner/conjugal partner to enter Canada as Permanent residents.
Under Parents sponsorship Canada program, any Canadian resident or permanent resident can sponsor his/her parents and grandparents to enter the country as Permanent residents.
Dependent child sponsorship
Under this Canada sponsorship program, any Canadian resident or permanent resident can sponsor his/her dependent children either adopted or natural to enter the country as Permanent residents.
Eligibility criteria for sponsor in Canada sponsorship program:
So if you are a sponsor or looking for a sponsor for Canada immigration, then firstly go through the eligibility of a sponsor for Canada sponsorship program
- A sponsor must be at least 18 years old
- He/she must be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- He/she must be ready to support the sponsored relative financially after his/her arrival
- He/she should be financially strong for Canada immigration sponsorship and meet basic needs like food, accommodation, clothing etc for himself/herself and the sponsored individual
- In case the sponsor is living in Quebec, he/she needs to meet additional Quebec’s conditions for sponsoring someone to Canada
- He/she should not be accused of any criminal record
- He/she should not be accused of not paying alimony or child support payments in past
- He/she should not be bankrupt
- He/she should not get any kind of social assistance other than a disability
- He/she should not be accused of not paying any immigration loan or payments
- He/she should not be accused of violating terms of a sponsorship agreement in the past
Only after meeting the criteria, an individual can sponsor someone in Canada. Moreover, it is worth noting here that Canada immigration Sponsorship includes an agreement between the sponsor and the Canadian government. The agreement is a promise made by the sponsor to provide the concerned sponsored person either a family member or friend with all basic requirements like food, shelter, and clothing after immigration.
A “yes to sponsorship” brings a lot of responsibilities for sponsor in Canada. A sponsor needs to be financially strong to take care of requirements of the sponsored person for a certain period (financial obligation) as directed by the Canadian government
|Sponsored person||Financial Obligation|
|Child||10 years or until the child has become 22 years old|
|Dependent child of 22 years or above||3 years|
For any query or information, contact Canada immigration consultants of countrywide visas. We are one of the best immigration consultants in Delhi for Canada immigration and visa services. We have a large team of Immigration experts with experience and expertise to offer hassle-free and professional services to our clients in their immigration process.
You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.