How can I sponsor my parents to Canada?
How can I sponsor my parents to Canada?
It’s true that children never understand the love and care of parents and grandparents until they become parents or grandparents themselves. However, sometimes, when you began to live far from them at that time; you realize their roles and importance in your life. It is almost impossible to have someone in life who care and love more than your parents and grandparents do.
So if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada and missing presence of your parents and grandparents there, then you can sponsor them. The Canadian government understands the importance of family in an individual’s life, especially, parents so, it has its separate program to sponsor parents and grandparents for both permanent and temporary residence in Canada.
The Canada family sponsorship visa program is an immigration program which helps in the reunification of family members in Canada. This program offers three sponsorship programs for permanent residence in Canada including,
- Spousal sponsorship
- Parents and grandparents sponsorship
- Dependent child sponsorship
Parents and grandparents sponsorship:
Under this sponsorship program, any Canadian resident or permanent resident can sponsor his/her parents and grandparents to enter the country as Permanent residents. Canada PR visa is valid for five years and offers multiple benefits to its holders like government-funded free medical care, access to social service, and rights just like other Canadian citizens except the right to vote.
What are the requirements for a sponsor for Parents and grandparents sponsorship?
- The sponsor must be living in Canada with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status
- He/she must be above 18 years of age
- He/she needs to submit a signed sponsorship agreement with the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.
- He/she must promise to offer financial support and basic requirements like food, clothing, and personal requirements to the sponsored person (parents and grandparents). For that, it is mandatory to show some proof of income stating enough money with him/her to support parents/ grandparents in Canada.
What are the requirements for the Sponsored Person for Parents and grandparents sponsorship?
- The sponsored person must be the parent(s) or grandparent(s) of the sponsor
- They must have a medical certificate and police clearance certificate
Who are ineligible for the Sponsored Person for Parents and grandparents sponsorship?
- An applicant who has ever received benefits/financial support from the Canadian government (except support for a disability)
- An applicant who has ever been condemned of a crime to his/her relative or partner
- An applicant who is bankrupt
- An applicant who has ever missed any payment or found defaulted on an immigration loan
Once you found eligible for sponsoring parents and grandparents, you need to fill the interest to sponsor form which is easily available on the official website of the immigration department of Canada and then invited to submit a complete application.
Along with application form, you need to send the following list of documents:
- A letter of invitation to the family member(s) you want to sponsor
- An agreement stating mutual obligations and responsibilities as a sponsor
- An undertaking stating your intention to provide financial support to the sponsored person
- Proof of funds to show that you are financially capable of supporting the sponsored person
The immigration department of Canada takes around 12 months for processing of applications of parents and grandparents sponsorship for permanent residence. However, if you want to bring your parents to Canada, then Canada parents and grandparents super visa is of great help.
What is Canada Super visa?
The Super visa is a multiple-entry visa which allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to take their parents and grandparents from overseas countries to Canada for up to two years at a time. It hardly takes eight months for processing of applications of Canada super visa.
Requirements for Canada Super visa for parents and grandparents:
Below is the list of couples of things that are mandatory for Canada super visa
- An applicant needs a letter of invitation from a host in Canada, either his/her child or grandchild residing there. The host must need to show that he/she meets minimum income requirements and ready to take responsibility for financial support of the applicant in Canada
- He/she must have a proof to show his/her parental relationship to the host (his/her child or grandchild) through any of the following documents:
- A copy of the birth certificate of child or grandchild; or,
- Baptismal certificate; or,
- Other official documents naming the applicant as the parent
- He/she needs to provide proof of private medical insurance before landing on Canadian soil. It must be valid for at least one year. The insurance policy must include the following essentials:
- Validity for a minimum of one year
- Approval from a Canadian insurance company
- Coverage to health care, hospitalization and repatriation
- A minimum coverage of $100,000,
- Validity for each entry to Canada; and
- Availability for review at the Canadian port of entry
Applications for the super visa are available both online and offline so, interested candidates can now sponsor their parents for temporary residence of maximum two years through super visa.
Whether you wish to proceed with parents sponsorship program for permanent residence or Canada super visa for temporary residence, you are free to ask your queries from experts of countrywide visas. Countrywide visas is one of the fastest growing Immigration consultancies with a large, devoted team of Immigration experts offers hassle-free and professional services to its clients for filing their applications for various immigration programs.
You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.